Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Stories

New stories that are out are as follows.
After Dorthena came Love Farris for young girls no sex in them. Then came Wolf Pack. In Wolf Pack you will hear about Thorn the first wolf to set down laws,rules, regulations for the packs, the taking of one mate, the set up of the structure of the pack with an alpha and beta's. Then came Warrior Wolf in Warrior Wolf there is more Lore to be read, about Felina the she cat how she took up with a Wolf named Cedar and the two became a strong pack and most of the packs of today follow.

The stories are doing far better then I had expected. I thought if I sold one book that would be great. Amethyst hit over 2,000 copies downloaded. Dorthena hit nearly the 1500 mark downloaded.

The stories that people have to pay for well people want the stories for free. They do not realize that I sit down to write a story it takes two sometimes more weeks to write. I sit down at my computer at 6:30 a.m. in the morning and I don't get up from writing until sometimes as late as midnight. I usually stop around 10 p.m. that makes for a long day of writing with no pay or extremely small amount of pay so far the most I have made per hour is less then 100th of a cent a hour. Now who in these days ever sit down and work for that, realize that is not even a penny an hour.

I have had offers for people to proof read my stories for me some want paid, others will do it for free if I proof read for them, but they won't sign a contact stating they won't use any part of my stories.

I had to purchase Microsoft Office 2010 because the old windows program I had would not work right and save corrections made to the stories so the first few stories went out with errors in them. Pain in the butt really and that program cost me 150.00 so far I am in the whole with writing I haven't made enough to even cover the program.

My family things because I write and sold a few books that I am wealthy. Now that is a laugh. Others want to ride on my shirt tale. Just blows my mind.

Then others want my stories printed out for free and mailed to them at my expense to mail a story costs me any where from 7.50 to 23.00 depending if it is staying in Canada or going to the states.

Now I understand why some great writers stop after one book, or one story, or even one novella which is what I write. This is what I am considering doing stopping the stories, but then the small amount of fans I have would not be happy about that. Some call me up wanting to know when the next story is coming out. Some stop me the street asking when the next story comes out.

Sharon

No comments: